Free software offering stock chart, intelligent and classic technical
analysis, candlestick chart analysis, intraday chart analysis, buy / sell signals, portfolio
management. Stock Analyzer functions
1. To download Stock Analyzer (980 KB)
click here for 800x600 resolution or
click here for 1024x768 resolution
To download Stock Analyzer on site 2 click here.
2. Select "Save this program to disk" and click "OK" in "File Download" Dialog.
3. When "stocksetup.exe" shows as the "File name," click "Save" in "Save as" Dialog box.
4. Click "Open" in "Download complete" Dialog.
1. Double-click on the stocksetup.exe file.
2. Click "Yes" in "Setup" Dialog.
3. Select "Next>" in "Welcome" Dialog.
4. Click "Yes" if you agree to the "License Agreement."
5. Click "Next>" in "Select Destination Directory"
Dialog to select the default directory.
6. Click "Next>" in "Select Program Group" Dialog.
7. Click "Install" in "Ready to Install" Dialog.
8. Click "Finish" in "Setup Completed" Dialog.
Directions for use:
1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
2. Click the "Stock Analyzer" icon on your Desktop to launch this
3. Analyzing stocks:
(a) Enter NT.TO, or ^GSPTSE or ABG.V for example in Symbol field in the
ToolBar.(Users may look up stock symbols at Yahoo
(b) Select "Canada" in "Site" field on Toolbar of Stock
(c) Click on button "Read historical quotes from website", the software gets
and Historical Quote Data of NT.TO, or TSE or ABG.V and calculates and displays technical indicator charts and
buy / sell signals in a window.
(d) A green "o" on a technical
chart indicates a buy signal.
(e) A red "x" on a technical
chart indicates a sell signal.
(f) Click on the button "Display historical quotes" to read Quote data.
You should pay attention to date and live quote.
(g) Click on the button "Display chart Indicators" to read
technical Indicator charts.
(h) Click on the button "Display candlestick signal list" to read
Candlestick Chart Signal.
(i) Select menu "Stock>Analyze daily or weekly Quotes" to analyze
(j) Select menu "Stock>Analyze 100 or 240 data" to get and
analyze 200 day quote data.
(k) Select menu item "Stocks>Analyze
stocks with or without live quote" to analyze stocks with historical quotes
4. Setting up a portfolio of stocks to monitor:
(a) Select menu "Portfolios>Edit List" in the software.
(b) Click on a List number (for example List 1) and "OK" in "Select
(c) Enter List name (for example "hi-tech") in field "List
(d) Click on "Canadian Stocks."
(e) Enter stock symbols (for example NT.TO
NFC.TO ABG.V ) in the text box.
(f) Click "OK" in "Edit List" Dialog.
5. Getting Quotes for a Portfolio
(a) Select menu item "Portfolios>List 1: hi-tech." The software gets
live Quotes and displays them in the portfolio
(b) Click on button "All" or "Real-time Quotes". The
software can also get live Quotes and displays them in the portfolio
6. Getting Charts and News for the Portfolio:
(a) Click on button "Intraday MicroCharts." The software gets up
to 42 intraday MicroCharts and displays them in a window.
(b) Click on the name of a stock in the List. Then, click the button "Intraday
TA Indicators". The software gets 8 charts for the stock and displays
them in a window.
(c) Double-click on "News" in the List. Company News is retrieved
from the Internet.
7. Performing Technical Analysis for a Stock in the Portfolio
Click on the name of a stock in the List. Then, click the button
"TA." The software gets live Quotes and Historical Quote Data,
calculates and displays 18 technical indicator charts, buy / sell signals
and recommendations in one window.
8. A click to analyze up to 20 stocks listed in a List
(a) Display a List (for example choose menu item "Portfolios>List 1").
(b) Choose menu item "Portfolios>Analyze 20 stocks in the List" . This
software analyzes up to 20 stocks listed in the List continuously and then
displays a list. It takes about 1-3 minutes.
9. Alternate Method for Performing Technical Analysis:
(a) Please create folder C:\M-C\HIST
(b) Get Historical Quote Data of a stock (for example NT.TO) at http://table.finance.yahoo.com/d?a=11&b=30&c=01&d=3&e=03&f=02&g=d&s=NT.TO
(c) Right click on "Download Spreadsheet Format" under the data list and
save to "C:\M-C\HIST\NT.TO.csv"
(d) Enter the Symbol NT.TO in "Symbol" field.
(e) Choose menu item "Stocks> Read historical quotes from ASCII file".
displays charts immediately.
10. Analyzing historical quotes in other folder (ASCII file: txt, csv,
prn ... ):
If you have saved historical quotes in other folder, you
may set historical quotes file path in order that the Stock Analyzer can
read historical quotes from this folder directly.
(a) Choose menu item "Stock>Set historical quotes file path".
(b) Enter the file path in "historical quotes file path" dialog
(c) Enter the stock symbol in "Symbol" field.
(d) Choose menu item "Stocks> Read historical quotes from ASCII
file" hereafter, the software will analyze the historical quotes in the
* The data format should be (example):
11. Analyzing end of day quotes:
Another way to analyze the stock:
(a) Please download stock end of day quotes data and save them
to C:\M-C\CA\ folder, example: C:\M-C\CA\20020828.txt C:\M-C\CA\20020829.txt ......
* The data format should be:
(b) Enter stock symbol (case-sensitive) in "Symbol" field in the Toolbar.
(c) Click on button "Read end of day quotes from ASCII file".
(d) If you have downloaded 5 day end-of-day quotes,
the software can display charts.
(e) After analyzing a stock, choose menu item "Stock> Analyze stock
on line or offline" in order to analyze stocks offline.
13. Analyzing end of day quotes in other folder (ASCII file: txt, csv,
prn ... )
If you have saved end-of-day quotes in other folder, you
may set end of day quotes file path in order that the Stock Analyzer can
read end of day quotes from this folder directly.
(a) Choose menu item "Stock>Set end of day quotes file path>Set
file path 1".
(b) Enter file path in "End of day quotes file path" dialog
(c) Choose menu item "Stock>Set end of day quotes file path>Use
file path 1".
(d) Enter stock symbol (case-sensitive) in "Symbol" field in the Toolbar.
(e) Click on button "Read end of day quotes from ASCII file", the
software will analyze the end of day quotes in the folder.
* The data format should be:
14. Comparing Stock Charts
(a) Select command "New" and "Tile" from the menu "Window"
to compare charts of a stock.
(b) Select command "New" from the menu "File" and select
command "Tile" from the menu "Window" to compare charts
of several stocks.
15. Choose menu item "Stocks>Save analysis results" to save all analysis results to C:\M-C\results.txt. Users may analyze the results with MS Excel.
16. Click on button "Market Snapshot", "Market News"
und "Market Update", you can read many good articles on markets
17. Many useful links in the menu "Markets" and
18. Intraday charts analysis
(1) Click here to download HQuote software.
Install HQuote in C:\Program Files\HQuote
(2) Click on "Portfolio" in HQuote
*click on "Create New Portfolio" (The trial version HQuote
can not create new portfolio and provides Portfolio1 only)
* input the name Portfolio2 for a new portfolio(You may
create Portfolio2, ... Portfolio10 for Stock Analyzer), click OK
*click on "Edit Format"
*choose "Metastock Downloader" in "Auto
set to" field, click OK
* click on "Add/Import new securities"
* choose Interval
* input stock symbols (ARBA AOL YHOO IBM ), click on OK
* click on "Update All!", intraday data are
saved to "C:\Program Files\HQuote\Portfolio2\
1 min intraday data file:
(3) Enter ARBA_1 in "Symbol" field in Toolbar in Stock Analyzer,
click on "Read Intraday Quotes from ASCII file" button, Stock
Analyzer reads 1 minute historical ARBA quotes from "C:\Program Files\HQuote\Portfolio2\
and calculates and displays charts.
||Symbol entered in
(4) Please change the parameters of algorithm in order to get the best
results for Intraday chart analysis(for example ITA(5,40,36)). Stock Analyzer can save 4 parameter
(5) If there isn't C drive on your computer, please install HQuote in
19. Changing the parameters of the technical analysis algorithm.
(a) Select the menu "Stocks/Change Parameters of TA/Change Parameters
(b) Enter new parameters.
(c) Scroll to the bottom of the dialog box and click on the "OK"
(d) Select the menu "Stocks/Change Parameters of TA/Use Parameters Set
2". This software analyzes stock with new parameters. (default:
Use Parameters Set 1)
20. Buy / Sell signal forecast: Choose
menu item "Stocks->Signal forecast...", enter 6 or -6 for
example in Signal forecast dialog box, click OK and then this software will
forecast charts and buy / sell signal change next trading day according to
%change supposed by users.
21. If there is not C drive on your computer, this software will create a
folder \...\M-C2. It has same function as C:\M-C
. You can find the folder M-C2 with Windows Explorer.
Stock Analyzer team
If you have any questions regarding this software, please read FAQs
or post your questions in our Stock Forums